TOO SLOW TO DISCO BRASIL COMPILED BY ED MOTTA
How Do You Are?
this venerable comp series takes a dive into an often overlooked side of Brazilian music - Brazilian soul, funk and AOR, compiled by the ‘Colossus of Rio’, Ed Motta.
Motta has worked with everyone from Gilles Peterson to Roy Ayers, 4Hero, Seu Jorge, Patrice Rushen, Greg Phillinganes, Bo Diddley, Incognito, Ryuichi Sakamoto and many other insanely talented musos. In this collector’s compilation, you’re coming on a kind of expert guided time travel mission, darting back through over two decades of music making. dancing in one style then the next from soul to funk to AOR, you’ll feel the air coming out of the horn section right the way through, and a mixologist’s golden touch tying everything together.
- Filó Machado - Quero Pouco, Quero Muito
- Sandra Sá – Guarde Minha Voz
- Altay Veloso –Débora
- Junior Mendes – Copacabana Sadia
- Don Beto – Renascendo Em Mim
- Lucinha Turnbull – Toda Manhã Brilha O Sol
- Guilherme Arantes – Coisas Do Brasil
- Carlos Bivar – Maré
- Biafra – Leão Ferido
- Santa Cruz - Mais Uma Chance
- Jane Duboc - Se Eu Te Pego De Jeito
- Cassiano – Rio Best-Seller
- Carlinhos & Soninha Queiroz – Pra Você
- Gelson Oliveira & Luiz Ewerling - Acordes E Sementes
- Zeca Do Trombone - Rota-Mar
- Roupa Nova – Clarear
- Kiko Zambianchi – Estréia
- Brylho – Jóia Rara
- Rita Lee & Roberto – Atlântida