Two Tone 7” Treasures
TWO TONE RECORDS was created in 1979 by The Specials founder Jerry Dammers.
The label spawned a youth movement and a number of well-known artists and singles through the its tenure including the aforementioned Specials with key singles ‘Gangsters’, the UK Number 1 singles ‘Too Much Too Young’ and ‘Ghost Town’. They also helped launch the careers of Madness with ‘The Prince’, The Beat with ‘Tears of A Clown’, The Selecter with ‘On My Radio’ and The Bodysnatchers with ‘Let’s Do Rock Steady’. The label ended its chart run of singles with ‘Nelson Mandela’ by The Special AKA.
This 40th Anniversary 7” collection has been curated by Jerry Dammers, selecting his favourite 12 singles released on the label between 1979 and 1984.
Presented with their original sleeve designs in a bespoke 1960’s style carry case along with a Two Tone 7” slipmat and an art card signed by Jerry Dammers.
- Gangsters - the special aka
- The Selecter - the selecter
- The Prince - madness
- Madness - madness
- On My Radio - the selecter
- Too Much Pressure - the selecter
- A Message to You Rudy (feat Rico) - the specials
- Nite Klub (feat Rico) - the specials
- The Tears of a Clown - the beat
- Ranking Full Stop - the beat
- Too Much Too Young (Live) / 2. The Guns Of Navarone (Live) - the special aka
- Skinhead Symphony (Live) - the special aka
- Three Minute Hero - the selecter
- James Bond - the selecter
- Let's Do Rock Steady - the bodysnatchers
- Ruder Than You - the bodysnatchers
- Stereotype - the specials
- International Jet Set - the specials
- Sea Cruise - rico rodriques
- Carolina - rico rodriguez
- Ghost Town / 2. Why? (Edit) - the specials
- Friday Night, Saturday Morning - the specials
- Nelson Mandela - the specials
- Break Down The Door - the specials