the WEDDING PRESENT
George Best (2019 reissue)
Play It Again Sam
32 years since the wedding present’s debut and we have this 2019 reissue in our collective hands – is this one of the best ‘indie’ debuts of all time? We think so.
Reflecting on the impact of their debut album frontman David Gedge explains; “George Best will obviously always hold a special place in my heart because it’s the first album I recorded. All those years of playing my parents’ LPs and then creating my own record collection - all the time dreaming about being in a band myself - were essentially building to the moment when George Best was released... it was always going to be a ‘Peel’ album because we were such passionate followers of that programme... even though the ardent Liverpool F.C. supporter could hardly bring himself to announce the title on his show - If you’re going to name your record after old footballers, why not Steve Heighway?” he complained.
- Everyone Thinks He Looks Daft
- What Did Your Last Servant Die Of?
- Don’t Be So Hard
- A Million Miles
- All This And More
- My Favourite Dress
- Something And Nothing
- It’s What You Want That Matters
- Give My Love To Kevin
- Anyone Can Make A Mistake
- You Can’t Moan, Can You?
- all About Eve (CD BONUS)
- Getting Nowhere Fast (CD BONUS)
- Nobody’s Twisting Your Arm (CD BONUS)
- Nothing Comes Easy (CD BONUS)
- Don’t Laugh (CD BONUS)
- I’m Not Always So Stupid (CD BONUS)
- Why Are You Being So Reasonable Now? (CD BONUS)
- Not From Where I’m Standing (CD BONUS)
- Give My Love To Kevin [Acoustic Version] (CD BONUS)
- Getting Better (CD BONUS)
- Pourquoi Es Tu Devenue Si Raisonnable? (CD BONUS)