RHYTHM 'N' BLUESIN' BY THE BAYOU ~ LIVIN', LOVIN' & LYIN'
Lesser-heard gems and rare alternate versions rub shoulders with previously unreleased recordings by genre notables such as Cookie & the Cupcakes, Van Preston and Elizabeth, on this rejuvenating comp from an unrelentingly high-calibre series. From New Orleans in the east to Lake Charles in the west, Rhythm’n’Blues not only entertained the black population of South Louisiana filling the juke joints along Route 90, it also inspired a whole generation of young white performers influencing their music into forming what would become swamp pop. just under half of these 28 tracks are previously unreleased.
- I KEEP CRYING - Cookie & The Cupcakes
- TROUBLES TROUBLES - Eddie Lang
- LOC-A-LI - Little Victor & His Jivin’ Five
- GIVE IT UP - Lonesome Sundown
- WANNA BE YOUR MAN - Little Bob & The Lollipops
- DON’T KNOW WHY - Little Nolton
- TELL ME WHY - Elizabeth
- LOVE ME CHILE - Unknown
- ROLL ON OLE MULE - Tabby Thomas
- I WOULD BE A SINNER - Charles Sheffield
- BABY, BABY, COME TO PAPA - King Karl
- KEEP LIVIN’ - Cookie & The Cupcakes
- WON’T BE BLUE NO MORE - Unknown
- MAMA’S LITTLE GIRL - Van Preston
- I KNOW - Elizabeth
- BABY’S GOT BAD FEET - Eddie Williams
- IT WON’T BE ME - King Charles
- LOVE ME MARY ANN - Guitar Jr.
- SCORCHED - Tal Miller
- UNCLE JOHN SPECIAL - Little Ray Campbell
- CARRY ON YVONNE - Chuck Martin
- FAMILY RULES (ANGEL CHILD) - Guitar Jr.
- CRYING, CRYING - Sticks Herman
- BABY IF YOU WANT TO PLAY - James Freeman
- BUT YOU THRILL ME - King Charles
- I GOT IT MADE (WHEN I MARRY SHIRLEY MAE) - Guitar Jr.
- DON’T SAY - Tabby Thomas
- BOOGIE WITH CALYPSO - Joe (Mr G) August