Writing Of Blues And Yellows
a strikingly delivered & warmly produced debut from the 17 year old North Yorkshire singer-songwriter who is rightly turning heads everywhere.
her precise vocal delivery is delicate & sweet but not sugary or watery - it in fact recalls the potency of soak or laura marling & at times ventures into joni mitchell & nick drake territory. 'Lionhearted' & ‘emily’ demonstrate everything that is special about this record - muffled drum beats, unintrusive strings, gently strummed guitar & a gorgeous vocal that all build into a wonderfully enchanting whole. These songs wouldn't be out of place on daughter's debut & share a lot with elbow's most stripped back moments too. "it isn't an excellent debut for a 17 year old. it's an excellent debut, period" - sunday times.
- La Lune
- Milk & Honey
- Heavy Weather
- Hello Sunshine
- It’s a Fine Day
- Green (Demo)(deluxe version bonus track)
- La Lune (BBC Live Version) [Lauren Laverne Session](deluxe version bonus track)
- Out of the Black (deluxe version bonus track)
- Hand Over Hand (Demo)(deluxe version bonus track)
- Milk & Honey (Alt Version)(deluxe version bonus track)