MACHAIR RECORDS LTD
hailing from the outer Hebrides, she wraps her gorgeously buoyant voice around gaelic folk songs in a manner that’ll shiver the calmest waters.
Firmly established as a world music artist with a natural interest and ability to cross-over into other genres and styles, she will forever be known as the singing voice of Merida, the female protagonist in the Disney-Pixar movie ‘Brave’. During an impressive career spanning more than a decade, with multiple awards, accolades and four studio albums, she has until now, sung primarily in Scottish Gaelic. The Latin title of her fifth studio album ‘Alterum’ gently suggests that this record is a departure from what has gone before. We recommend if you like Sharon Shannon, cara Dillon, or the Dubliners.
- A Phiuthrag ‘S A Phiuthar (O Sister, Beloved Sister)
- Camari as
- Fear A’ Bhrochain
- D mhnall Binn (The Porridge Man
- Sweet-Voiced Donald)
- Dh’ irich Mi Moch, B’ Fhe rr Nach Do Dh’ irich (I Rose Early, Would That I Hadn’t)
- Go Your Way
- Dh’ irich Mi Moch Madainn Che thar (I Arose Early On A Misty Morning)
- Windward Away
- Th id Mi Do Loch lainn (I’ll Go To Lochaline)
- ran An R in (Seal Song)
- An Aghaidh F ilte Na M r-Th r (Response To F ilte Na M r-Th r)
- Cearcall Mun Ghealaich (Circle About The Moon)