Washington, DC based Eric Hilton & Rob Garza have spent nearly 2 decades creating boundary-warping, complexly crafted electronic music partly inspired by bossa nova’s intricate rhythms & lush textures.
Now, with their 7th studio album 'Saudade', Thievery Corporation present their first release devoted entirely to the Brazilian-born genre that first connected them. Drawing influence from classic Brazilian performers like Antonio Carlos Jobim, Gal Costa, and Luis Bonfá - along with Serge Gainsbourg, Ennio Morricone & more modern artists like electro-samba pioneer Isabelle Antena - 'Saudade' achieves its delicate yet deeply sensuous sound with the help of more than a dozen guest musicians. Although they stay true to traditional bossa nova’s elegant fusion of samba & jazz all throughout 'Saudade', the album is rich with strange & wonderful flourishes that revel in the duo’s hyper-inventive tendencies.
- Décollage feat. Lou Lou Ghelichkhani
- Meu Nego feat. Karina Zeviani
- Quem Me Leva feat. Elin
- Firelight feat. Lou Lou Ghelichkhani
- Sola In Citta feat. Elin
- No More Disguise feat. Lou Lou Ghelichkhani
- Claridad feat. Natalia Clavier
- Nos Dois feat. Karina Zeviani
- Le Coeur feat. Lou Lou Ghelichkhani
- Para Sempre feat. Elin
- Bateau Rouge feat. Lou Lou Ghelichkhani
- Depth of My Soul feat. Shana Halliga