SPYING THROUGH A KEYHOLE
With 2019 marking 50 years since David Bowie’s first hit, Space Oddity, Parlophone is set to release a 7" vinyl singles box set of nine previously unreleased recordings* from the era during which Space Oddity was first conceived.
The title ‘Spying Through A Keyhole’ is a lyric taken from the previously unknown song, Love All Around, and though most of the other titles are known, these versions have never been officially released until late last year. Most of the recordings are solo vocal and acoustic home demo performances, unless otherwise stated. The design of each single label is presented to reflect the way David sent many of his demos to publishers and record companies, featuring his own handwritten song titles on EMIDISC acetate labels. The singles themselves are all mono and play at 45 r.p.m.
- Mother Grey (demo)
- In The Heat Of The Morning (demo)
- Goodbye 3d (Threepenny) Joe (demo)
- Love All Around (demo)
- London Bye, Ta-Ta (demo)
- Angel Angel Grubby Face (demo version 1)
- Angel Angel Grubby Face (demo version 2)
- Space Oddity (demo excerpt)
- Space Oddity (demo) with John ‘Hutch’ Hutchinson