DOMINO RECORDING CO LTD
elegant, exuberant and eclectic, this band’s finest moments are plentiful as they reel off a series of funk-infused, afrobeat-tinged jazzcapades.
the septet of contemporary jazz luminaries, including the extraordinary tenor sax talents of Nubya Garcia, are a collective whose breakneck shifts in tempo and style rely on a deep understanding of mood, temperament and expression. the overarching goal with ‘Blume’ was to simply capture the rawness, warmth, joy and the spirit of their relationship and performance. It’s a truly breath-taking collection of compositions that perfectly encapsulates everything Nérija; vibrant, engaging, infectious and truly current. “non-jazz fans might be drawn to nerija’s astonishing guitarist Shirley tetteh, who switches between chordal improvisation and funky, staccato rhythm playing like a one-woman fusion of ernest ranglin, grant green and johnny marr” 8/10 – uncut.
- Nascence - Composed by Nérija
- Riverfest - Composed by Nérija
- Last Straw - Composed by Sheila Maurice-Grey
- Partner Girlfriend Lover - Composed by Shirley Tetteh
- EU (Emotionally Unavailable) - Composed by Cassie Kinoshi
- Blume - Composed by Nubya Garcia
- Equanimous - Composed by Rio Kai
- Swift - Composed by Lizy Exell
- Unbound - Composed by Rosie Turton
- Blume ii - Composed by Nubya Garcia