A deep dive into dev hynes’ enigmatic brain is the theme here – this mixtape hops all over the place like a good radio station, tying in smooth r&b, chopped & screwed hip hop and modern trap.
All of this and it still sounds like no one else – hynes keeps his bass at the front, as we’ve come to expect from him, while skipping through collaborators and genres constantly, keeping us engaged. Don’t expect the elaborate storyline style of his albums here, just some really solid tracks that make for an exceptionally fun and engaging listen. “Dev Hynes’ new mixtape feels light and loose, a pre-production sketchbook presented as a charmingly finished product with the help of several key guests.” 8.0 - pitchfork.
- I Wanna C U
- Something To Do
- Dark & Handsome ft Toro Y Moi
- Birmingham ft Kelsey Lu & Ian Isiah
- Good For You ft Justine Skye
- Baby Florence (Figure)
- Gold Teeth ft Project Pat, Gangsta Boo & Tinashe
- Berlin ft Porches & Ian Isiah
- Tuesday Feeling (Choose To Stay) ft Tinashe
- Seven Hours Part 1 ft BennY RevivaL
- Take It Back ft Arca, Joba & Justine Skye