I’ll Be Your Mirror: A Tribute To The Velvet Underground & Nico
*** we have a handful of special tote bags to pop in with randomly selected pre orders***
• The Velvet Underground is regarded as one of the most influential bands in rock history.
• Their first 4 albums were included in Rolling Stone's list of The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. • Ranked 19th greatest artist by the same magazine and the 24th greatest artist in a poll by VH1. • Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1996. • Critic Robert Christgau considers them "the number three band of the '60s, after the Beatles and James Brown and His Famous Flames". • AllMusic wrote that "Few rock groups can claim to have broken so much new territory, and maintain such consistent brilliance on record, as the Velvet Underground during their brief lifespan [...] the Velvets' innovations – which blended the energy of rock with the sonic adventurism of the avant-garde, and introduced a new degree of social realism and sexual kinkiness into rock lyrics – were too abrasive for the mainstream to handle."
- Sunday Morning – Michael Stipe (3:50)
- I’m Waiting For The Man – Matt Berninger (3:44)
- Femme Fatale – Sharon Van Etten (w/ Angel Olsen on backing vocals) (4:43)
- Venus In Furs – Andrew Bird & Lucius (6:55)
- Run Run Run – Kurt Vile (6:59)
- All Tomorrow’s Parties – St. Vincent & Thomas Bartlett (4:52)
- Heroin feat. Bobby Gillespie– Thurston Moore feat. Bobby Gillespie (7:24)
- There She Goes Again – King Princess (3:29)
- I’ll Be Your Mirror – Courtney Barnett (2:27)
- The Black Angel’s Death Song – Fontaines D.C. (3:12)
- European Sun – Iggy Pop & Matt Sweeney (7:45)