At its core, 'Candid' is a celebration of both the songs Whitney has adored throughout its formation and the band's evolving bond through years of relentless touring and an enduring friendship.
The 10-song collection boasts covers of artists like Kelela, David Byrne, John Denver, SWV, and others but it's also a band challenging themselves to explore more than their musical comfort zone. Here, we finally see the full touring band in a recording studio together. " This is the first time we really saw what the live iteration of Whitney sounds like in a studio. It was a really celebratory vibe and everyone in the room fed off each other's energy," says guitarist Max Kakacek.
- Bank Head (Kelela)
- A.M.:A.M. (Damien Jurado)
- Country Roads ft. Waxahatchee (John Denver)
- High on a Rocky Ledge (Moondog)
- Something Happen (Jack Arel)
- Strange Overtones (David Byrne and Brian Eno)
- Hammond Song (The Roches)
- Crying, Laughing, Loving, Lying (Labi Siffre)
- Rain (SWV)
- Rainbows and Ridges (Blaze Foley)