THE MAN FROM MO’ WAX (MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE)
umc / mo' wax
This one took us back - to when we had hair / no grey hair and when we could party hard and still function at work the next day.
This soundtrack to the film charting the singular life of James Lavelle is full of killer tracks that make it an essential compilation in its own right – it’s been our go-to pick-me-up album this year. It’s more than just a best of the label – it dives into inspirations for Mo’ Wax, trip-hop classics and essential Lavelle productions/co-writes.
It features tracks from the film that represent the life of Lavelle + his Mo’ Wax label including: - artists that inspired him to create Mo’ Wax such as Hiroshi + Kudo, Zimbabwe Legit, Marie 'Queenie' Lyons + The Wild Bunch - trip-hop classics from Mo’ Wax by DJ Shadow, La Funk Mob, Attica Blues, Dr. Octagon, DJ Krush + RPM - essential Lavelle productions/co-writes with Thom Yorke, Ian Brown + Queens of the Stone Age.
- UNKLE — Back and Forth
- Zimbabwe Legit — Doin' Damage in My Native Language (Shadow’s legitimate remix)
- Marie 'Queenie' Lyons — See and Don't See
- The Wild Bunch — Friends & Countrymen
- Hioshi Fujiwara + KUDO featuring DJ MILO— Return of The Original Art Form (D.J mix)
- RPM — Food of My De-Rhythm
- Blackalicious — Swan Lake
- La Funk Mob — Ravers Suck Our Sound and Get F**k
- Attica Blues — Contemplating Jazz
- Dr. Octagon — Blue Flowers
- DJ Krush — Kemuri
- DJ Shadow — Organ Donor (extended overhaul)
- UNKLE featuring Thom Yorke — Rabbit In Your Headlights
- Queens Of The Stone Age — … Like Clockwork
- UNKLE featuring Ian Brown — Reign
- DJ Shadow — What Does Your Soul Look Like (part 1)