speak & spell - the 12" singles
Depeche Mode realized the format's potential and embraced the power of 12" vinyl and the avenues of innovation it opened up.
The 12" single allowed the band to explore new sonic possibilities while the physical beauty of the packaging gave Depeche Mode room to develop a sophisticated and commanding visual aesthetic. Depeche Mode used their singles discography as a means of offering left field remixes and other delights for their fans. Each box set in the series will contain the singles from each Depeche Mode album on audiophile-quality 12” vinyl, with audio remastered from the original tapes and cut at the legendary Abbey Road Studios. The artwork for the exterior of each of the new box sets draws on street art iconography inspired by the original releases, while the vinyl sleeves themselves feature the original vinyl single artwork.
- facsimile reproduction of the rare Flexi Disc “Sometimes I Wish I Was Dead” b/w “King of the Flies” (the Fad Gadget track as on the original release)
- Dreaming Of Me 12”: “Dreaming of Me” b/w “Ice Machine”
- New Life 12”: “New Life (Remix)” b/w “Shout! (Rio Mix)”
- Just Can’t Get Enough 12”: “Just Can’t Get Enough (SchizoMix)” b/w “Any Second Now (Altered)”
- original single poster reproduction