black notes from the deep
the sax virtuoso’s 19th is his most varied and eclectic to date, ranging from funk-tinged foot-tappers, to beautiful and tender ballads.
this also features Omar Lyefook on 4 stunning tracks; a musical pairing so wonderful, it’s hard to believe it didn't happen years ago. For this album, Pine assembled a line-up of like-minded instrumentalists, perfectly suited to his unique approach. The highlights within this album include the fresh interpretation of Herbie Hancock’s ‘Butterfly’, featuring Omar’s fantastic vocal performance riding sweetly on top of the dreamy backing vocals of Charleen Hamilton and an imaginative and creative solo.
- Rules (feat. Omar) [clip]
- You Know Who You Are [clip]
- Darker Than the Blue (feat. Omar) [clip]
- Rivers of Blood [clip]
- In Another Time (feat. Omar) [clip]
- The Morning After the Night Before [clip]
- A Change Is Sure to Come [clip]
- How Many More [clip]
- Butterfly (feat. Omar) [clip]
- A Word to the Wise [clip]