dan le sac
Space Between The Words
a smart, zingy debut solo effort, dan embraces everything from electro-pop to psychedelia, all accompanied by an impressive array of vocal talent.
le sac creates a diverse & sharply individual snapshot of modern pop’s endless possibilities, featuring collaborations with emmy the great, merz, b. dolan, joshua idehen & even an arab strap cover. there's the pulsing house-pop gem of 'long night of life' kicking things off, a contrast to the 2nd merz guest spot 'zephyr', a lush melodic song that seems to have escaped from the late '60s. dan hasn’t veered completely away from rap & spoken word as the groovy, chatted ‘tuning’ shows. the bass-punching party tune ‘good time gang war’ & the crafty, crunk-tinted smasher, ‘caretaker’ both guest b. dolan while emmy's contribution has a touch of shirley bassey bond themes about it, (albeit filtered through clubbier beats)! "a wealth of first-rate ideas" - bbc.
- Long Night Of Life (ft. Merz)
- Play Along (ft Sarah Williams White)
- Memorial (ft Emmy The Great)
- Tuning (ft Joshua Idehen)
- Good Time Gang War (ft. B. Dolan)
- Hold Yourself Lightly
- Zephyr (ft Merz)
- Breathing Underwater (ft Fraser Rowan)
- Break Of Dawn (ft. HowAboutBeth)
- Caretaker (ft B. Dolan & HowAboutBeth)
- Cherubs (ft Pete Hefferan)