The POP GROUP
THE BOYS WHOSE HEAD EXPLODED
FREAKS R' US
Blistering live recordings from the post-punk provocateurs’ incendiary performances of late 1979 & 1980 – the compilation also includes a bonus DVD of film footage shot by Don Letts.
The bulk of the salvaged live recordings comprise brawling versions of songs taken from the band’s recently reissued second studio album 'For How Much Longer Do We Tolerate Mass Murder?' The collection also features the previously unreleased '73 Shadow Street', & a surprise mutation of the Glaxo Babies’ 'Shake The Foundation'. The accompanying rare footage was filmed by Letts at Alexandra Palace on June 15th 1980 & encapsulates the band’s molotov cocktail of punk, funk, free jazz & radical politics at its most artistically concussive.
- We Are All Prostitutes (Live Milan 1980)
- Justice (Live Cologne 1980)
- How Much Longer (Live Cologne 1980)
- Blind Faith (Live Sheffield 1979)
- Forces of Oppression (Live Cologne 1980)
- There Are No Spectators (Live Cologne 1980)
- Feed The Hungry (Live Cologne 1980)
- Rob A Bank (Live Milan 1980)
- Shake The Foundation (Live Cologne 1980)
- 73 Shadow Street (Live Helsinki 1980)