Apollo Brown & Ghostface Killah
The Brown Tape
MELLO MUSIC GROUP
Cinematic and nasty, this daring, full-length Crime/Horror concept album shows Hip-hop at its most raw, as it pushes beyond through the boundaries of the genre itself.
Narrated by The RZA, this is Ghostface Killah’s brutal tale of gangsters, betrayal and one vengeful soul hunting the 12 most powerful crime lords in the World. The RZA refers to the album as "groundbreaking" in the hip hop genre. Apollo Brown was asked to record an alternate album at the same time as Adrian Younge created ‘Twelve Reasons To Die’. brown was given access to Ghostface Killah’s recordings and constructed beats around GFK's work. This made the project one of the producer's most challenging projects to date. That hard work has paid off as ‘The Brown Tape’ is also one of the best albums to date from Ghostface Killah or Apollo Brown.
- Beware of the Stare
- The Rise of The Black Suits
- I Declare War (feat. Masta Killa & RZA)
- Blood on the Cobblestones (feat. U-God & Inspectah Deck)
- Center Of Attraction (feat. Cappadonna)
- Enemies All Around Me
- An Unexpected Call (feat. Inspectah Deck)
- Rise of the Ghostface Killah (feat. RZA)
- Revenge Is Sweet (feat. Killa Sin, RZA & Masta Killa)
- Murder Spree (feat. Killa Sin, Masta Killa, U-God, Inspectah Deck)
- The Sure Shot (Parts 1 & 2)