The Rough Guide to Acoustic India
world music network
From the five-hundred-year old musical history of the Sufi Fakirs of Bengal to the virtuoso musicianship of Calcutta’s guitar master Debashsish Bhattacharya and Carnatic violinist Jyotsna Srikanth, this Rough Guide explores India’s ancient musical traditions and acoustic roots.
This includes material by rafiki jazz and Jaipur kawa brass band, who have both delighted the shopfloor with their own full-lengths.
- Noor Alam - Dilkabate Tin Daraja
- Jyotsna Srikanth - Gopalaka Pahimam
- Paban Das Baul - Kaliya
- Rafiki Jazz - Har Chand Sahara
- Debashish Bhattacharya - Ras Tarang (The Waves Of Desire)
- Arati Biswas - Asraful Aulia
- Jaipur Kawa Brass Band - Thumri Baaja
- Guillaume Barraud Quartet - Esquisse