each step of the way, his quartet takes us on a mesmerising, impressionistic, musical journey that’s an organic yet highly cohesive mix of elements drawn from the likes of modern jazz, contemporary classical music & Americana.
In a period in which the boundaries between musical genres are rapidly dissolving, there still exist major differences between what we still call a “jazz” band & those of other musical classifications. the guitarist-composer’s ensemble features the in-demand NYC double bassist Thomas Morgan (current duo partner of Bill Frisell no less), the virtuoso German multi-reedsman Gebhard Ullmann & the outstanding Danish drummer Kresten Osgood. this record can be likened to a thematically-linked series of paintings in an art exhibition. DuBois takes the “seasons” concept to a whole new level with a series of pieces in celebration of the restless, unpredictable nature of autumn.
- Mid-September Changing Light
- Late September Dusk Walk
- Early October Insect Songs
- Mid-October Migration
- Late October Changing Leaves
- Early November Bird Formations
- Autumn Wind
- Mid-November Moonlit Forest
- Late November Farm Fields
- Early December Blue Sky And Chimney Smoke
- Mid-December Night Sky Autumn Aurora Borealis
- Mid-November Moonlit
- Forest String Quartet Reprise