the leaf label
with a sound born from Indian sidi folk rhythms, Mumbai hip-hop and punchy jazzcapades, sarathy’s second record is one of boundless vision, bold colours and compelling composition.
On his second studio album, Korwar blasts out his own vibrant, pluralistic missive for the world to hear. Recorded over two and a half years in India and the UK, the album draws on the nascent rap scenes of Mumbai and New Delhi, incorporating spoken word and Korwar’s own Indian classical and jazz instrumentation. “his rare talent for corralling empathic musicians (including the comet is coming’s danalogue, tamar Osborn and al macsween) into his rhythmically intense, entrancing vision adds a whole new spin to the indo-jazz continuum.” 5/5 – mojo.
- Mumbay (featuring MC Mawali)
- Coolie (featuring Delhi Sultanate & Prabh Deep)
- Bol (featuring Zia Ahmed & Aditya Prakash)
- Mango (featuring Zia Ahmed)
- City of Words (featuring TRAP POJU & Mirande)
- Good Ol’ Vilayati (featuring Mirande)
- Pravasis (featuring Deepak Unnikrishnan)