family dinner - volume two
Ground Up Music
mardi gras jazz recorded in new orleans with a host of special guests, this is an excellent piece of work from the brooklyn band.
taking their expert instrumental fusion style and expanding upon the guest-focussed format of the first 'family dinner' album; including laura mvula and david crosby, alongside a host of louisiana singers and musicians. the band have also included a series of films from the recording studio and a documentary about the artistic process behind each song. this is an uplifting and danceable piece of new orleans meets new york jazz funk - a great addition to the snarky puppy discography.
- I Asked (featuring Becca Stevens & Väsen)
- Molino Molero (featuring Susana Baca & Charlie Hunter)
- Liquid Love (featuring Chris Turner)
- Soro (Afriki) (featuring Salif Keita, Carlos Malta, & Bernardo Aguiar)
- Sing to the Moon (featuring Laura Mvula & Michelle Willis)
- Don't You Know (featuring Jacob Collier & Big Ed Lee)
- I Remember (featuring Knower & Jeff Coffin)
- Somebody Home (featuring David Crosby)
- Shapons Vindaloo (featuring Väsen)
- Fuego y Agua (featuring Susana Baca)
- Brother, I'm Hungry (featuring NOLA International)