the Scottish post-punk pioneers triumphantly return with a frantic fifth album that tremors with ideological outrage and pummelling riffs, four decades after their original conception in 1977.
Stepping in for the late Stuart Adamson is his long-time Big Country band mate Bruce Watson. “This music is at the heart of everything our band is about: truth, revolution, loud guitars and a refusal to keep quiet as the establishment tries to smother chances for anyone other than its own.” – Richard Jobson. “In 1977, we were singing songs about what we saw as a world in crisis”. says Jobson today. “Today that message is more relevant than ever. ‘Burning Cities’ is packed full of punk rock protest songs.” “savage and scything guitars, a raging growl of vocal, and short sharp slabs of punk aggression” – uncut.
- This Is Our World
- One Last Chance
- A World On Fire
- Burning Cities
- Up On The Moors
- Kings Of The New World Order
- Into The Void
- Desert Dust
- dulce et decorum est (pro patria mori) (live at the roundhouse) [deluxe 2cd only]
- working for the yankee dollar (live at the roundhouse) [deluxe 2cd only]
- charles (live at the roundhouse) [deluxe 2cd only]
- the olympian (live at the roundhouse) [deluxe 2cd only]