Micah P. Hinson
At The British Broadcasting Corporation
Full Time Hobby
this collates Micah’s spellbinding Marc Riley sessions between 2004- 2017, selecting eleven achingly beautiful tracks from a wealth of cuts accrued over 13 years’ worth of bbc visits.
Micah offered some insight to the personal importance of these sessions – “I owe Sir Marc a deep gratitude that spans back years now. In this life, champions are needed- yet they are rare". And Marc gave some insight of his own – "I remember the first time Micah came in to do a session for us. 18th September 2004. It was at the time of his debut ‘…And The Gospel Of Progress’ LP, which I absolutely loved. The songs were fantastic, Micah’s voice made Johnny Cash sound like Aled Jones". The compilation covers ground from Micah’s earliest output, right the way up to 2017’s ‘Presents The Holy Strangers’.
- Stand In My Way (25/09/2004)
- I Still Remember (25/09/2004)
- 2’s & 3’s (03/06/2010)
- Seven Horses Seen (03/06/2010)
- God Is Good (06/11/2012)
- Beneath The Rose (06/11/2012)
- Take off That Dress For Me (06/11/2012)
- How Are You Just A Dream (28/04/2014)
- The Life, Living, Death and Dying of a Certain, and Peculiar, LJ Nichols (28/04/2014)
- Lover’s Lane (18/10/2017)
- Oh, Spaceman (18/10/2017)