Remain In Light (Talking Heads cover album)
kidjo’s euphoric and passionate interpretation of talking heads’ classic album is a soaring union between afrobeat and exemplary pop songwriting.
The album features appearances by Alicia Keys, Questlove of The Roots, Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend, Blood Orange, Tony Allen, Angelique’s long-time guitarist Dominic James, and Magatte Sow (percussionist for the ‘Black Panther’ film score). “Inspired by its Afrobeat underpinnings, the Beninese singer tackles an album-length cover of the Talking Heads’ 1980 landmark, in the process unearthing hidden rhythmic and emotional nuances” 7.7 – pitchfork.
- Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On)
- Crosseyed and Painless / Lady
- The Great Curve (featuring Blood Orange)
- Once In A Lifetime
- Houses In Motion (featuring Tony Allen)
- Seen And Not Seen
- Listening Wind (featuring Ezra Koenig)
- The Overload
- Bonus: The Great Curve (Bonus Version)