disco devil vol. 1
This collection contains mostly original discomixes produced by Lee Perry.
The audio was extensively restored from original pressings, although the original sound quality was often difficult to work with! Lee Perry's techniques were highly unusual and the tunes often have a raw quality to them, especially the title track. The source audio for A3 is a custom edit of the original Orchid 12" pressing, ommitting some portions of the deejay section. This was done in order to keep the audio a reasonable quality and length for 1 side of an LP. The source audio for track B1 was a standard 12" pressing on Seven Leaves records together with a lost extended section recovered from a blank label 12" of unknown origin but which contained a longer version of the same mix. This extra portion required very extensive restoration work. Colin Young, See Why Audio, London, 2018
- Lee Perry & The Full Experience* Disco Devil (Original Upsetter 12" Mix - 1977)
- Lee Perry Lion A De Winner (Orchid 12 Mix - 1978)
- Winston Watson (2), Dellenger* Dispensation (Orchid 12" Edit* - 1979)
- Lord Creator Such Is Life (Unreleased Seven Leaves 12" Full Length Discomix) - 1978
- Junior Murvin Roots Train (Upsetters Disco Roots 12 Discomix) - 1978