Soul Jazz Records Presents Fashion Records: Style & Fashion
Soul Jazz Records
the ever-delighting soul jazz dish up another sterling comp focusing on one of the most important & iconic independent reggae labels to come out of the UK in the 80s.
Fashion released hundreds of records that successfully reflected & set the changing styles & perspectives of reggae music in the UK, from UK dancehall & lovers rock in the 1980s through to the mighty rise of jungle in the second half of the 1990s. Fashion’s focus was firmly on music produced in the UK. This unique British perspective shaped both lyrical content & musical fashion. The large roster of first generation British-born artists & MCs on the label, including General Levy, Papa Face, Smiley Culture, Bionic Rhona, Asher Senator, Laurel & Hardy, Top Cat & many more, often gave a unique & humorous British lyrical perspective, discussing everyday subjects, from police harassment to road safety.
- Papa Face featuring Red Man - Dance Pon De Corner
- Dee Sharp - Let’s Dub It Up
- Cutty Ranks - Limb By Limb (DJ SS Remix)
- General Levy - Mad Them
- Laurel & Hardy - You’re Nicked
- Bunny General - Played By This Ya Sound
- General Levy & Hard ‘n’ Pure - Wikkeda!!
- Carlton Lewis - Small Talking
- Poison Chang - Shot Fe Bust (Marvellous Cain Remix)
- Dee Sharp - Rising To The Top
- Papa Face With Keith Douglas - DJ Jamboree
- General Levy - Heat
- Carlton Lewis - Sweet Soul Rocking
- Top Cat - Ruffest Gun Ark (DJ Rap Mix)
- Papa San - DJ Business
- Papa Face & Bionic Rhona - To The Bump
- Cutty Ranks - As You See It
- Janice Walker - You’ll Never Need Somebody
- Asher Senator - Bubble With I