caroline shaw / attacca quartet
The Attacca Quartet are practically veterans of the Crypt Sessions, having played both Haydn's Seven Last Words of Christ on the Cross, and Beethoven's staggeringly epic Op.
132 String Quartet... here, they come with something completely different - the string quartets of contemporary composer Caroline Shaw. Aside from winning a Pulitzer Prize, and having Kanye West as a fan of her work, Caroline is an all-around champion and luminous, numinous soul, whose music manages to both acknowledge the past, while simultaneously looking toward the future.
- Plan & Elevation: I. The Ellipse
- Plan & Elevation: II. The Cutting Garden
- Plan & Elevation: III. The Herbaceous Border
- Plan & Elevation: IV. The Orangery
- Plan & Elevation: V. The Beech Tree
- Ritornello 2.sq.2.j.a
- Limestone & Felt