with all 3 members pulling in elements from free jazz, ambient improvisation & electronic music, their music has reached a new confidence & intensity.
after successful collaborations with prestigious guests like jim o´rourke & oren ambarchi, our swedish friends are back as a trio, lighting up a sonic blaze of rock based riffs & hypnotic jazz-psychedelia. as far from noodling instrumentals as it’s possible to get, the tracks are spontaneously combusting rituals with a clear sense of purpose. each of the three members is gifted with a formidable technique & arsenal of tricks & effects on their respective instruments, & the album also sees acclaimed saxophonist mats gustafsson boosting his already versatile skills, by swapping to fender rhodes & electronics on selected tracks. the oddly cut-up titles are lifted & inspired by smog founder bill callahan’s letters to emma bowlcut, recently published in a volume by chicago label drag city.
- Standing On A Rabbit (Without Noticing)
- Would I Whip (Without Noticing)
- Your Silhouette (Without Noticing)
- At Least On Your Door (Without Noticing)
- Tonight. More. Much More. (Without Noticing)
- Molting Slowly (Without Noticing)
- I Mostly Stare (Withouth Noticing)