Late Night Tales: olafur Arnalds
Late Night Tales
the experimentalism & adventure of electronic music are enriched with a classical sensibility on this expansive, pastoral collection of twilight tunes.
the latest instalment of the hypnagogic series is directed by the Icelandic producer & regular nils frahm collaborator, whose selection of tracks, like his music, has a perfectly germane quietude - each song drifts like an autumn wind towards the next. tracks like Koreless’ brilliant post-dubstep ‘Last Remnants’ shimmer alongside the enigmatic brilliance of Jai Paul - It’s a perfect musical landscape that is eerie yet beautiful, as on Odesza’s ‘How Did I Get Here’. Arnalds has also thrown in some exclusive self-penned tracks & one from his techno side-project kiasmos.
- Hjálmar Lárusson and Jónbjörn Gíslason - Jómsvíkingarímur - ýta feldi eigi rór
- Julianna Barwick - Forever
- Koreless - Last Remnants
- Odesza - How Did I Get Here (Instrumental) (Late Night Tales Exclusive)
- Anois - A Noise
- Samaris - Góða Tungl
- Ólafur Arnalds - RGB (Late Night Tales Exclusive)
- Rival Consoles - Pre
- Four Tet - Lion (Jamie xx Remix)
- Jai Paul - Jasmine (Demo)
- James Blake - Our Love Comes Back
- Spooky Black - Pull
- Ólafur Arnalds ft. Arnór Dan - Say My Name (Exclusive Destiny's Child Cover Version)
- Sarah Neufeld & Colin Stetson - And still they move
- Kiasmos - Orgoned (Late Night Tales Exclusive)
- Ólafur Arnalds - Kinesthesia I (Late Night Tales Exclusive)
- Hjaltalín - Ethereal
- David Tennant - Undone (Exclusive Spoken Word).