They Were Wrong, So We Drowned
special edition lp reissue of liars' 2004 anti-music masterpiece, proving they were the true standouts of the waning disco punk explosion.
from the stuttered drums, computerised drones & chanted refrain of "blood, blood, blood" of 'broken witch', liars' 2nd album is fascinating, visceral & initially impenetrable, providing enough immediately satisfying moments to grab you on 1st listen but truly revealing its masterful strokes of noise-laden genius on further listens. as bizarre as the music is the repeated references to harry potter in the track titles, including 'if you're a wizard then why do you wear glasses?'.
- Broken Witch
- Steam Rose From The Lifeless Cloak
- There's Always Room On The Broom
- If You're A Wizard Then Why Do You Wear Glasses?
- We Fenced Other Gardens With The Bones Of Our Own
- They Don'T Want Your Corn, They Want Your Kids
- Read The Book That Wrote Itself
- Hold Hands And It Will Happen Anyway
- They Took 14 For The Rest Of Our Lives
- Flow My Tears The Spider Said