Steering back toward their signature sound, the album further highlights producer Ant’s undeniable talents as the project leans into the classic boom-bap aesthetic, bringing a unique energy out of Slug’s wisdom, wit and delivery.
Following their last release, The Day Before Halloween—an imaginative, distorted-synth-driven concept album—Atmosphere returns with a refreshing new project, simply titled WORD? From onset, WORD? proves to be every bit an exercise in refining and advancing their craft as it is a harkening to earlier work. That is, while their releases have grown more broodingly cinematic, and increasingly concerned with the human condition and mortality, WORD? manages to reintroduce moments of levity and lightheartedness throughout, an approach seldom heard on their albums of late.
- Crumbs (feat. Evidence & Muja Messiah)
- Strung (feat. Musab)
- Sleepless (feat. Nino Bless)
- Carousel (feat. Nikki Jean)
- Pressed (feat. Anwar HighSign, BlackLiq, Sa-Roc, Haphduzn, and Lateef the Truthspeaker)
- Barcade (feat. Aesop Rock & MF DOOM)