Passion Themes (2022 repress)
music on vinyl
Passion is part of the Ennio Morricone Themes series, a unique collection of the greatest scores ‘The Maestro’ composed for movies over the past 70 years, divided into different themes.
Starting 70 years ago as an arranger for the piece Mamma Bianca, Ennio Morricone is the emperor of scores and soundtracks. Morricone has always been a huge influence for the likes of Hans Zimmer, Danger Mouse, Muse, Metallica and many more musicians. He was one of the most successful composers of all-time, selling over 70 million records and winning dozens of awards. Ennio Morricone composed soundtracks for well over 400 films during his stunning career. He did so with a genius and a passion that is unrivalled in film composition; yet looking back over his catalogue, certainly in his more familiar works, it is hard to find one single film that could be categorized as a conventional love story. However, passion is woven through so much of The Maestro’s creations. Not merely by expressing the simple romance of a love story, but evoking passion in a grander sense, that passion that celebrates life, that pushes people to the limit of their endurance or inspires them to the peak of their capabilities. This is passion Italian style, not just reserved for love and affection. Morricone reminds us that everything in Italian life is approached with gusto, energy and passion.
- The Lady Caliph / La Califfa (Titoli) - From The Lady Caliph / La Califfa
- Encounter / Incontro - From The Master and Margaret / Il Maestro E Margherita
- You Will See Me Coming Back / Mi Vedrai Tornare (Titoli Di Coda) - From You Will See Me Coming Back / Mi Vedrai Tornare
- You Die Of Love / Si Muore D’amore - From For Love One Dies / D’amore Si Muore
- A Woman To Remember / Una Donna Da Ricordare - From Maddalena
- This Kind Of Love / Questa Specie D’amore (Titoli) - From This Kind Of Love / Questa Specie D’amore
- To Lydia / A Lydia - From Listen, Let’s Make Love / Scusi, Facciamo L’amore?
- Down The Ancient Stairs / Per Le Antiche Scale - From Down The Ancient Stairs / Per Le Antiche Scale
- Children Ask Why / I Bambini Ci Chiedono Perche (Titoli) - From Why / I Bambini Ci Chiedono Perche
- Lullaby For Adulterers / Ninna Nanna Per Adulteri - From Mother’s Heart / Cuore Di Mamma
- Nightmare Castle / Amanti D’oltretomba - From Nightmare Castle / Amanti D’oltretomba
- The Reason, The Heart, The Love / La Ragione, Il Cuore, L’amore - From Devil In The Brain / Il Diavolo Nel Cervello
- Veruschka - From Veruschka, Poetry Of A Woman / Veruschka, Poesia Di Una Donna
- For Love / Per Amore - From For Love / Per Amore
- Lullaby in Blue / Ninna Nanna In Blu - From The Cat o’ Nine Tails / Il Gatto A Nove Code
- Trip With Anita / Viaggio Con Anita - From Lovers and Liars / Viaggio Con Anita
- What Have You Done to Solange? / Cosa Avete Fatto A Solange? - From What Have You Done to Solange? Cosa Avete Fatto A Solange?
- The Two Seasons Of Life / Le Due Stagioni Della Vita (Titoli) - From The Two Seasons Of Life / Le Due Stagioni Della Vita
- Maybe That’s Enough / Forse Basta - From Around the World with Peynet’s Lovers / Il Giro Del Mondo Degli Innamorati Di Peynet
- Portrait Of An Author / Ritratto D’autore - From The Invisible Woman / La Donna Invisibile
- Neighbourhood Romance / Romanza Quartiere - From Neighbourhood / Quartiere