this is a serious treat, as erasure teams up with some of the finest ambient artists in the business; the Brussels-based echo collective comprises A Winged Victory For The Sullen, the late Johann Johannsson, Dustin O’Halloran and Stars Of The Lid.
The collaboration sees the entirety of Erasure’s latest album ‘World Be Gone’ given a post classical rework. ‘World Beyond’ was recorded over ten days by Andy Bell and seven performers from the Echo Collective: Margaret Hermant (violin, harp), Neil Leiter (viola), Thomas Engelen (cello), Jaroslaw Mroz (double bass), Gary De Cart (piano) and Antoine Dandoy (vibraphone, glockenspiel). this is a natural progression from 1987’s ‘The Two Ring Circus’, a companion EP for the band’s second album, ‘The Circus’, which included several orchestral interpretations.
- Oh What A World (World Beyond)
- Be Careful What You Wish For! (World Beyond)
- World Be Gone (World Beyond)
- A Bitter Parting (World Beyond)
- Still It’s Not Over (World Beyond)
- Take Me Out Of Myself (World Beyond)
- Sweet Summer Loving (World Beyond)
- Love You To The Sky (World Beyond)
- Lousy Sum Of Nothing (World Beyond)
- Just A Little Love (World Beyond)