With ‘Island Songs’, the renowned composer records with seven other Icelandic artists from seven different towns of his homeland.
Part audio travel-journal, part e.p. it exhibits Arnalds at his measured best – a generous collaborator and expert arranger. A dvd documenting the project is bundled with cd, and there’s some great material on a bespoke webpage for the project. A fascinating and elegant musical adventure. "Island Songs is another beautiful record from Ólafur Arnalds. But it’s surprising because it sounds like the Icelandic-influenced record that Arnalds’ peer, Nils Frahm, would write: largely quiet piano-based songs that channel Iceland’s sparseness and tranquility” unsung sundays
- Árbakkinn (feat. Einar Georg Einarsson)
- 1995 (feat. Dagný Arnalds)
- Raddir (feat. South Iceland Chamber Choir)
- Öldurót (feat. Atli Örvarsson & SinfoniaNord)
- Dalur (feat. Brasstríó Mosfellsdals)