Erratics & Unconformities
the leaf label
Deep-searching drone work that rises blinking up out of the dirge into a sparkling and dynamic ether.
The journey on Erratics & Unconformities picks up where Netherfield Works left off. We take the canal towpath out of the city. We fork north shortly afterwards. Is this where it started? The terrain gradually becomes more rugged. Familiar. Wild. Evidence of human activity is less immediate in this glacial landscape. It’s there if you seek it. But easy to ignore. If you listen carefully, you can still hear the weight of the ice-sheet carving its way through the rock. Carefully constructed since day one, Craven Faults’ world draws on the rural, industrial and geological heritage of the north of England. The identity of the producer behind Craven Faults is a closely guarded secret, though clues litter the landscape if you know where to look…
"glacial landscapes a go-go on mesmerising debut by yorkshire producer" 4/5 - mojo
Dan says: "Drone-tastic & unsettling. A perfect soundtrack to the times we live in."
Jon says: 'Trance-inducing synth sequences that lead you far from the garden path. The mystery producer behind Craven Faults has quite the knack for unfurling seemingly simple sounds until they're lodged in between the gyrus nooks in your brain, burrowing deeper & deeper."
- Vacca Wall (17:37)
- Deipkier (7:55)
- Cupola Smelt Mill (9:13)
- Slack Sley & Temple (18:24)
- Hangingstones (10:29)
- Signal Post (8:33)
- Eller Ghyll (16:20) (from Netherfield Works)
- Tenter Ground (15:56) (from Netherfield Works)
- Intakes (17:01) (from Springhead Works)
- Ings (14:13) (from Springhead Works)
- Engine Fields (7:00) (from Nunroyd Works)
- Dye & Size (10:23) (from Nunroyd Works)
- Foddergang (17:37) (from Nunroyd Works)
- Intakes (Pye Corner Audio Rework) (6:51) (from Lowfold Reworks)
- Foddergang (Don’t DJ Rework) (9:05) (from Lowfold Reworks)
- Eller Ghyll (President Bongo Rework) (13.28) (from Lowfold Reworks)